Zero waste & emission free
Pick & mix your own box!
Book a tour of the factory
Celebrate with us the arrival of the new harvest of Tres Hombres cocoa
In July, the sailing ship Tres Hombres will arrive with our new harvest of cocoa from the Dominican Republic. Be part of the adventure and help us unload!
For the first time, the Tres Hombres will dock at our new factory, which is still under construction. We will open the factory in October! But you can already be one of the first to see what it will look like.
The expected arrival date of the Tres Hombres is Saturday 13 July!
Location: Radarweg 32a
Through Facebook, we will keep you informed:
Cocoa from the Dominican Republic to Amsterdam by sailing ship:
- 143 bags of Trinitario cocoa weighing 70 kilos are being transported, i.e. 10,000 kilos (10 tonnes).
- The Tres Hombres trip inspired us to make the Choco Sails Have you tasted them yet?
- This long journey across the North Atlantic will be completed in 13,822 nautical miles (25598 KM), follow them here.
- The expected date of arrival is very much dependant on weather and wind
- Since 2012, the Tres Hombres' organisation, Fairtransport, has been campaigning for emission-free transport, and this is the 8th time they have made the crossing.
Unloading the cocoa
The bags of cocoa are unloaded with a net. In the hold, a few bags of beans are always placed on the net. Then the people on the shore can start hoisting. Good for your muscles!